GREENBURGH, N.Y. — The New York Knicks’ new regime is ready to move on with or without Carmelo Anthony.

New president Steve Mills said Monday the Knicks have been talking to teams about a trade and will continue looking for a deal that works for the organization and its All-Star forward.

“But we also feel that Carmelo could easily be a part of our team next year, and we have to understand how we’re going to play and what the expectations of how we’re going to play, and we’re going to move forward,” Mills said. “So maybe with Carmelo or maybe without Carmelo.”

Mills also ruled out a buyout of Anthony’s contract, which has two years and about $54 million remaining and might be an easier route to a breakup than a trade.

Phil Jackson had been eager to deal Anthony before he and the Knicks parted ways last month. Mills was promoted to president and the Knicks hired Scott Perry as general manager.

They said the Knicks will focus on youth and athleticism, which doesn’t seem to leave room for the 33-year-old Anthony. But they added that veterans will still have a place in mentoring the young talent.

Anthony has a no-trade clause and has …read more

Source:: The Denver Post – Sports

(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *